d

d
Scarves

k

k
Crochet Bags

d

d
Crochet Life

Crochet Life Lesson 02


Lesson 2 - Decide. Choose.

You must make a decision.

As I said in the first Crochet Life Lessons article, I was inspired by the hat and scarf that my Instagram friend made. You can see it here.

I had also seen many of her other creations. I wondered how she was able to crochet so much stuff so quickly and then sell it.

I wanted to do that.

Up to this point, making a bunch of crochet goods seemed like mission impossible. I mean to sit down and make one crochet item seemed like an impossibility...let alone a two or three things.

During this time, I was homeschooling my youngest child, I was the driver for my high school senior to and from school and to all of her other extra-curricular activities. I cooked dinner on a pretty regular basis. I did laundry daily. There were after school activities, art projects and math lessons and college visits to make to see my other children.

...making stuff with a crochet hook seemed like a luxury (at that time) moreso than a craft business.

But, I decided right then (when my package arrived) that I was going to focus on crocheting and completing whatever I started.

And I did.

I found the time.

I found time between school lessons and art classes.

I found the time while waiting after school.

I found the time while riding as a passenger.

I found the time after cleaning and after cooking.

I found the time while listening to something or watching Little Light Studios documentaries or listening to sermons by Ivor Myers.

And what I realized is when you make a decision, that is power.

To decide is power.

Choosing is power.

I decided that I wanted to create beautiful useful crochet goods.

So all my energy went to making that happen.

And it all started because I decided that that is what I was going to do.

And that's pretty much how it works in life you know.
You have to decide to be healthy.
You have to decide to take care of your health.
You have to decide to drink more water.

Whatever it is that you want in life, you have to decide- you have to choose to make it happen.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Crochet Life Lessons Series
1       6       11     16      21
2       7       12     17      22
3       8       13     18      23
4       9       14     19      24
5      10      15     20      25
Become a subscriber to Brown Sack Crochet!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments