d

d
Scarves

k

k
Crochet Bags

d

d
Crochet Life

Crochet Life Lesson 01


Lesson 1 -Be inspired. 

Before Brown Sack Crochet ever became a thought in my mind, God gave me a dream one night/morning about a red and pink crochet purse. I really don't remember the particulars of the dream just that after I woke up, I created a pink and red crochet purse either that day or shortly thereafter.

I was inspired.

That crochet ability that I had learned as child was rekindled.  A spark was lit inside me to crochet.

Wouldn't it be great if I were to tell you that as the days went on, I crocheted and crocheted and crocheted and gained all kinds of accolades as a crocheter.

Well, that didn't happen.

I made the little red and pink bag. Before that time, I had made a few earwarmers for my girls to wear during the winter.

I never really looked at crocheting as my passion. I just knew that I liked to do it from time to time.

So fast forward a bit, and I am scrolling through my Instagram feed only to see a beautiful brown and blue hat and scarf but it is for a man.  I call the maker and  she says that she can make it for me with a flower! Works for me!

I purchase it and when it arrives, I am in awe.

I was inspired all over again to create. And I was inspired to not only create but to set out to see what I could crochet if I just focused on crocheting as this business owner had done.

And that is Crochet Life Lesson 1, get inspiration from somewhere.

Inspiration will motivate you to do, create and be in a way that you will accomplish something. Whatever that something is may not make you popular, but it will surely make you productive and happy and give you a sense of accomplishment.

Where do you get inspiration from for life?

I get inspiration from the Bible and inspirational books.

I also get inspiration from other crocheters as far as my crochet life. And you know that social media has many platforms for inspiration such as Pinterest and Polyvore.

And when I began this crochet journey, that dream and my Instagram friend inspired me to step out and start crocheting and create a crochet instagram and a crochet blog.

I try to apply this lesson of inspiration to other areas of my life that need improvement. I try to get inspired to be better and do better by searching the scriptures.

Let me just add, that I am not perfect. I just want to be clear that I am just a sinner saved by God's grace alone. period. As much I read the Bible and all, I am still not there yet.  But I keep on reading because I am looking moreso to Jesus than I am to prove anything to anyone.

So that my friend is the first thing that I have learned while on this crochet journey that inspiration is power.

Be Inspired my friend. Be Inspired.

Let me know where you get your inspiration from in the comment section below!

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Crochet Life Lessons Series
1       6       11     16      21
2       7       12     17      22
3       8       13     18      23
4       9       14     19      24
5      10      15     20      25
Become a subscriber to Brown Sack Crochet!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments